Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cute little bags

I love Lyanda Lynn Haupt's blog (and her book Crow Planet*). I subscribe, and every week or so I receive a new post. Today's was about cloth bags. She so inspired me that I dusted off the sewing machine and made one. Here it is, below, and here is a link to the post that so inspired me.

I've saved fabric from over the years--fabric from vintage tablecloths that have blossomed holes or fabric from garments and even a custom made lampshade--that I've hoped to repurpose at some point.  (I also keep all of our broken dishes to someday use in mosaics.)

The fabric below was once part of a tablecloth that covered our table. The bag stands 9" tall and 6" wide. Simple seaming, a length of yarn for the cord. Immediate gratification.



And bag number 2--a little larger....




* Speaking of crows, yesterday a neighborhood crow picked up a piece of pastry from the local cafe and hopped over to a puddle to moisten, to make more palatable? I love watching crows.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, even though I am normally a sucker for anything blue... in this case, I think I love the 2nd bag even more! Would make a lovely gift as well.

    Ciao, Fleur

    ReplyDelete